Site Inspection by Subcommittee Members to Determine Development Status of PCV Leakage Investigation Devices
(May 16, 2014)
On May 16, 2014, members of the Fuel Debris Retrieval Technologies Subcommittee and other representatives of the IRID Technical Advisory Committee visited IHI Corporation’s Yokohama Engineering Center to observe the status of development of devices used to investigate Primary Containment Vessel (PCV) leakage.
- 1. Date/Time :May 16 (Fri), 2014 13:30-14:30
- 2. Location :IHI Corporation Yokohama Engineering Center
- 3. Participants :(IRID Technology Advisory Committee) Mr. Hajime Asama (IRID Chairman), Mr. Takeo Daido, and Mr. Masakatsu Fujie (Committee Members)
- 4. Purpose :To receive expert advice regarding devices to investigate leakage from the PCV being developed by the IRID Research Promotion Department (Toshiba) and improve device performance levels.
Following the inspection, the Technology Advisory Committee offered several recommendations, such as proposing that the type of severe conditions that may potentially be encountered by the robots be mocked up at the facility for testing purposes, and advising that the devices be constructed in a way that prevents cables and hoses on their underside from interfering with their movement.
Based on this advice, testing and training using mock-up facilities will be conducted. It is hoped that the investigation devices will be introduced at the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station before the end of 2014.
- For further details on the devices observed during the inspection, please see the following webpage:
- Technology Advisory Committee
- The 8th Technology Advisory Committee Meeting (March 27, 2019)
- The 7th Technology Advisory Committee Meeting (February 2, 2018)
- The 6th Technology Advisory Committee Meeting (August 4th, 2016)
- The 5th Technology Advisory Committee Meeting (Mar.1, 2016)
- The 4th Technology Advisory Committee Meeting
- IRID’s Technology Advisory Committee’s subcommittee members visit to observe development status of PCV internal investigation equipment
- The 3rd Technology Advisory Committee Meeting
- Site Inspection by Subcommittee Members to Determine Development Status of PCV Leakage Investigation Devices
- The 2nd Technology Advisory Committee Meeting
- The 1st Technology Advisory Committee Meeting