Small Workshop Held with Tokyo Institute of Technology
(January 20, 2017)
IRID held a small work shop in cooperation with Tokyo Institute of Technology at “Forum for Nuclear Decommissioning Technology and Human Resource Development”, organized by Tokyo Institute of Technology, on January 20, 2017.
The forum was attended by about 100 people, including IRID members, those in academia and industries, and Tokyo Institute of Technology teachers and students.
The workshop featured presentations entitled “The Current Status of IRID R&D Activities” by IRID Executive Director Mr. Atsufumi Yoshizawa, “Case Study on R&D Challenges from Perspectives of IRID” by Mr. Naoaki Okuzumi, Senior Manager of R&D Planning Department, and “Research on Waste Treatment / Disposal from the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station (NPS) Accident” by Dr. Takao Ohi, Group Leader of Waste Disposal Technology Development Group, JAEA. In addition, Tokyo Institute of Technology outlined human resource development activities and fundamental studies being undertaken by the university. Discussion on how to match the needs of IRID and the seeds from the university took place, and opinions on human resource development towards the decommissioning of the Fukushima Daiichi NPS were exchanged.
This activity provided a valuable opportunity to enhance cooperation with universities that are engaged in research on decommissioning of the Fukushima Daiichi NPS and to promote communication with young researchers.
IRID continues to promote positive cooperation with universities.
Date and Time: Monday, January 20, 2017, 10:00-17:30
Place: Ookayama Campus, Tokyo Institute of Technology
Purpose: In order to proceed with the decommissioning of the Fukushima Daiichi NPS, a task that expected to require over 30 years more, and R&D projects, it is essential to secure and develop human resources from a mid-and-long-term perspective. This workshop is intended to promote cooperation with universities and develop young human resource through exchanges of opinions and information sharing with Tokyo Institute of Technology, which has undertaken the Program for Nuclear Decommissioning and Human Resource Development funded by Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports and Technology (MEXT).
<Presentation given by IRID>
- The Current Status of the Fukushima Daiichi
- The Current Status of IRID R&D Activities
- Case Study on R&D Challenges from Perspectives of IRID
- Research on Waste Treatment/ Disposal from the Fukushima Daiichi NPS Accident
<Presentation given by Tokyo Institute of Technology>
- Human Resource Development Activities undertaken by Tokyo Institute of Technology
- Decontamination Technology for Lumber
- Decontamination, Collection and Solidification Technology for Soil
- Cs / Sr Collection and Stabilization Technology using Natural Mineral
- Remote Control Measuring Technology after Severe Accident
- Method of Ensuring Subcriticality during Fuel Debris Retrieval
- Accident Recriticality Analysis during Fuel Debris Retrieval
- Nuclide Difficulty Analysis
- [Photos] Click image to enlarge.
- Human Resource Development
- Mr. Atsufumi Yoshizawa, Executive Director of IRID, Delivers Presentation at National Institute of Technology, Fukushima College (January 28, 2017)
- Small Workshop Held with Tokyo Institute of Technology (January 20, 2017)
- Mr. Atsufumi Yoshizawa, Executive Director of IRID, Delivers Lecture at Nagoya University (November 26, 2016)
- Mr. Naoaki Okuzumi, Senior Manager of IRID’s R&D Planning Department, Delivers Lecture at National Institute of Technology, Fukushima College (October 27, 2016)
- Mr. Atsufumi Yoshizawa, Executive Director, Delivers Lecture at Tokyo Institute of Technology. (October 14, 2016)
- Small Workshop held in Co-operation with the Shibaura Institute of Technology (Sep. 26, 2016)
- Mr. Hirohisa Kuwabara, General Manager of the R&D Strategy Planning Dept., gives lecture on Nuclear Science and Technology for Decommissioning (September 15, 2016)
- Mr. Takamori, General Manager, R&D Management Department, Lectured at The Nuclear Summer School in Oarai (August 1, 2016)
- Speech by Kenro Takamori, IRID General Manager, R&D Management Department at the 1st Conference for R&D Initiative on Nuclear Decommissioning Technology by the Next Generation (NDEC）(March 16, 2016)
- Speech by Hirohisa Kuwahara, IRID General Manager, R&D Strategy Planning Department at the 9th Student Research Presentation Meeting hosted by the Atomic Energy Society of Japan, Kanto-Koetsu Office (March 11, 2016)
- Industry-University Cooperation Exchange Meeting with the Shibaura Institute of Technology (Feb. 29, 2016)
- Small workshop at the University of Tsukuba (Feb 9, 2016)
- Lecture by Kazuhito Yokoi, General Manager of the IRID Development Planning Office [The 4th University-Industry Cooperation Forum at University of Aizu] (Mar. 2, 2015)
- Guest Lecture by IRID’s Kazuhito Yokoi at National Institute of Technology, Oyama College (Dec. 8, 2014)
- Participation of the workshop ‘Decommissioning Basic Research: Human resource development program’ hosted by MEXT (FY2014)
- Workshop for R&D Plan and Scientific Research for Decommissioning of TEPCO’s Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station, Jointly Hosted by MEXT and IRID in FY2013