Mr. Naoaki Okuzumi, Senior Manager of R&D Strategy Planning Department, Delivering Lecture
[Iwaki Manufacturing Academy, The 3rd Decommissioning Course]
(February 9, 2017)
Mr. Naoaki Okuzumi, Senior Manager of R&D Strategy Planning Department at IRID, delivered a lecture entitled “The Current Status of IRID’s R&D Activities” at “Iwaki Manufacturing Academy (Iwaki-Monodukuri-Juku), the 3rd Decommissioning Course” organized by Iwaki Chamber of Commerce and Industry, and Iwaki Sangakukan Network Association (ICSN), which was held at Iwaki Business Innovation Center (Iwaki city, Fukushima Prefecture) on February 9, 2017.
The lecture covered the role of IRID, the current status of R&D for decommissioning, and R&D related technical issues (needs). He emphasized the essential role of cooperation between industry, academia and government to explore further efforts in the area of decommissioning technology, and particularly the need for positive cooperation with local companies and young engineers.
The lecture was attended by 26 people including representatives of local companies in Iwaki city and representatives of various technical institutes. The audience listened with keen interest to the lecture on the post-Fukushima-accident response, the current status of decommissioning activities, and challenges that remain to be tackled.
IRID is committed to promoting positive cooperation with colleges, universities and research institutes through various lectures.
- <Reference: Iwaki Sangakukan Network Association website>
*Sorry, this page is in Japanese only.
- [Photos] Click image to enlarge.
- Human Resource Development
- Mr. Kuwabara, General Manager of R&D Strategy Planning Department, Delivering Lecture, [KAST Educational Seminar: "Starting with 'Decommissioning' as a New Step"] (March 14, 2017)
- Mr. Naoaki Okuzumi, Senior Manager of R&D Strategy Planning Department, Delivering Lecture [Iwaki Manufacturing Academy, The 3rd Decommissioning Course] (February 9, 2017)
- Mr. Atsufumi Yoshizawa, Executive Director of IRID, Delivers Presentation at National Institute of Technology, Fukushima College (January 28, 2017)
- Small Workshop Held with Tokyo Institute of Technology (January 20, 2017)
- Mr. Atsufumi Yoshizawa, Executive Director of IRID, Delivers Lecture at Nagoya University (November 26, 2016)
- Mr. Naoaki Okuzumi, Senior Manager of IRID’s R&D Planning Department, Delivers Lecture at National Institute of Technology, Fukushima College (October 27, 2016)
- Mr. Atsufumi Yoshizawa, Executive Director, Delivers Lecture at Tokyo Institute of Technology. (October 14, 2016)
- Small Workshop held in Co-operation with the Shibaura Institute of Technology (Sep. 26, 2016)
- Mr. Hirohisa Kuwabara, General Manager of the R&D Strategy Planning Dept., gives lecture on Nuclear Science and Technology for Decommissioning (September 15, 2016)
- Mr. Takamori, General Manager, R&D Management Department, Lectured at The Nuclear Summer School in Oarai (August 1, 2016)
- Speech by Kenro Takamori, IRID General Manager, R&D Management Department at the 1st Conference for R&D Initiative on Nuclear Decommissioning Technology by the Next Generation (NDEC）(March 16, 2016)
- Speech by Hirohisa Kuwahara, IRID General Manager, R&D Strategy Planning Department at the 9th Student Research Presentation Meeting hosted by the Atomic Energy Society of Japan, Kanto-Koetsu Office (March 11, 2016)
- Industry-University Cooperation Exchange Meeting with the Shibaura Institute of Technology (Feb. 29, 2016)
- Small workshop at the University of Tsukuba (Feb 9, 2016)
- Lecture by Kazuhito Yokoi, General Manager of the IRID Development Planning Office [The 4th University-Industry Cooperation Forum at University of Aizu] (Mar. 2, 2015)
- Guest Lecture by IRID’s Kazuhito Yokoi at National Institute of Technology, Oyama College (Dec. 8, 2014)
- Participation of the workshop ‘Decommissioning Basic Research: Human resource development program’ hosted by MEXT (FY2014)
- Workshop for R&D Plan and Scientific Research for Decommissioning of TEPCO’s Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station, Jointly Hosted by MEXT and IRID in FY2013