IRID Vice President, Dr. Tamio Arai, Delivers Lecture [Special Lecture at Japan Association for Automation Advancement General Meeting](June 3, 2017)
IRID Vice President Dr. Tamio Arai (Chairperson emeritus of the Japan Association for Automation Advancement, former professor of the Shibaura Institute of Technology, and professor emeritus of University of Tokyo) delivered a special lecture entitled “Future for Nuclear Decommissioning and Robotic Technology,” at the general meeting of the non-profit organization, the Japan Association for Automation Advancement, held at Toyo University Hakusan campus (in Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo) on Saturday, June 3, 2017.
The lecture included the function of IRID and the status of research and development in decommissioning and related technical matters (requirements). He emphasized the essential role of cooperation, particularly with regard to robotic technology, between academia, industry, and the government, to address decommissioning technologies for the future. Furthermore, long-term human resources cultivation is also required.
A dedicated audience of approximately 20 people attended the lecture on the post-Fukushima accident response, the status of decommissioning activities, and tasks to be tackled.
IRID is committed to promoting positive cooperation with colleges, universities, and research institutes through various lectures, including the delivery of lectures on demand.
- [Photos] Click image to enlarge.
- Human Resource Development
- IRID Executive Director, Atsufumi Yoshizawa, Delivers Lecture [at Nagoya University] (June 19, 2017)
- IRID Vice President, Dr. Tamio Arai, Delivers Lecture [Special Lecture at Japan Association for Automation Advancement General Meeting] (June 3, 2017)
- Mr. Kuwabara, General Manager of R&D Strategy Planning Department, Delivering Lecture, [KAST Educational Seminar: "Starting with 'Decommissioning' as a New Step"] (March 14, 2017)
- Mr. Naoaki Okuzumi, Senior Manager of R&D Strategy Planning Department, Delivering Lecture [Iwaki Manufacturing Academy, The 3rd Decommissioning Course] (February 9, 2017)
- Mr. Atsufumi Yoshizawa, Executive Director of IRID, Delivers Presentation at National Institute of Technology, Fukushima College (January 28, 2017)
- Small Workshop Held with Tokyo Institute of Technology (January 20, 2017)
- Mr. Atsufumi Yoshizawa, Executive Director of IRID, Delivers Lecture at Nagoya University (November 26, 2016)
- Mr. Naoaki Okuzumi, Senior Manager of IRID’s R&D Planning Department, Delivers Lecture at National Institute of Technology, Fukushima College (October 27, 2016)
- Mr. Atsufumi Yoshizawa, Executive Director, Delivers Lecture at Tokyo Institute of Technology. (October 14, 2016)
- Small Workshop held in Co-operation with the Shibaura Institute of Technology (Sep. 26, 2016)
- Mr. Hirohisa Kuwabara, General Manager of the R&D Strategy Planning Dept., gives lecture on Nuclear Science and Technology for Decommissioning (September 15, 2016)
- Mr. Takamori, General Manager, R&D Management Department, Lectured at The Nuclear Summer School in Oarai (August 1, 2016)
- Speech by Kenro Takamori, IRID General Manager, R&D Management Department at the 1st Conference for R&D Initiative on Nuclear Decommissioning Technology by the Next Generation (NDEC）(March 16, 2016)
- Speech by Hirohisa Kuwahara, IRID General Manager, R&D Strategy Planning Department at the 9th Student Research Presentation Meeting hosted by the Atomic Energy Society of Japan, Kanto-Koetsu Office (March 11, 2016)
- Industry-University Cooperation Exchange Meeting with the Shibaura Institute of Technology (Feb. 29, 2016)
- Small workshop at the University of Tsukuba (Feb 9, 2016)
- Lecture by Kazuhito Yokoi, General Manager of the IRID Development Planning Office [The 4th University-Industry Cooperation Forum at University of Aizu] (Mar. 2, 2015)
- Guest Lecture by IRID’s Kazuhito Yokoi at National Institute of Technology, Oyama College (Dec. 8, 2014)
- Participation of the workshop ‘Decommissioning Basic Research: Human resource development program’ hosted by MEXT (FY2014)
- Workshop for R&D Plan and Scientific Research for Decommissioning of TEPCO’s Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station, Jointly Hosted by MEXT and IRID in FY2013